Soshified

Sonyeo Sidae (SNSD) or Girls' Generation (GG) will be celebrating their 10th anniversary this August and while waiting for their comeback, I would like to list down the songs that got me fangirling for the last ten years.

Super love their Casio ad
1st row, left to right: Taeyeon, Jessica and Sunny
2nd row left to right: Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Yuri
3rd row: Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun

Casio ad without Sica
left to right: Yuri, Sunny, Yoona, Sooyoung(up) Hyoyeon (on the floor), Taeyeon, Seohyun and Tiffany

1. Catch me if you can

I super love the choreography of this song. The movements are so precise and strong. I love both the Korean and Japanese versions. I can't get off of my head the my heart line which always reminds me of Jessica. It is just sad that she was not part anymore of SNSD when they promoted this song. Their bodies were super healthy, well-toned in this video and I super love their get up.I love Yoona a lot in this era.




Japanese version live stage



2. I Got A Boy

I read in an interview that Yoona rated Catch Me if You can as the most difficult choreo they've learned and I think, IGAB comes second. The song is a bit long but very enjoyable. This song clashed with CNBLUE's I'm Sorry single in music charts. I was so excited waiting for them in every music show they'll appear to promote their songs. Yongseo stint on WGM has already ended that time hence it was really heart throbbing to see Yongseo meet again on music shows and wait for possible interaction.Damn.  I was shipping so hard that time for Yongseo that I even felt there's love line possible for Yoona and Jonghyun :D

The details of their get up for this comeback are beyond gorgeous. I really wished I can pull off too the denim and scarf combo. Super love cropped tops. Their hairstyles, the colors, wow! I love Hyoyeon's and Yoona's hair :D The girls are gorgeous in every angle though I wished Sunny's hair was longer, love her hair color a lot.

This is their most colorful video.


Here are the other clips that have their best outfits for this era.









With CNBLUE :D


Plus Gee performance


Plus Dancing Queen performance


In big venues



Without Jessica :(


3. Party

This is the most cheerful summer song ever. Every time I hear this, I can't help but sing along and move my feet to the tune. It takes a long time before I get this song off of my head.

I love the change in their hairstyles and the swimsuits they wore.Every shot in the video is so radiant and full of positive energy. This vid makes me crave for an outing with friends and sibs. The beach is jaw-dropping wonderful!

The vid felt like the girls really had a great time. Each of them effortlessly shined like a goddess. I can't even choose who is the most beautiful.

Sunny looks like the Little Mermaid Ariel in the vid.

The boho look on Yoona and Taeyeon, wow, wanna get that look too!


I love all their outfits in music shows.





4. The Boys

Their guesting on David Letterman's show was an impressive feat for any Kpop group that time until Psy got a huge hit which was Gangnam Style. At present, BTS' win on BBMA was a record breaker, a goal that SNSD desired in their ten year career.

Anyway, this song is super catchy and the choreo is so lovely. Yuri's split is amazing. The dance break in this song is one of the best ever. Sooyoung was super gorgeous in this comeback.The my heart line is my favorite and I super miss Jessica singing that line.

I went totally crazy for this performance.They are super gorgeous and talented. I played and pause the dance breaks and the my heart part a million times.


Here are samples from music programs.



I lost count already on how many times I have viewed their dance practice video.


Japanese version without Sica :(


5. Genie

I fell in love with SNSD when I watched their dance practice video. They are so dedicated, so precise and very talented. Their live shows were on point during this era. Taeyeon's solo in this song is super amaaaaaaazing!RIP, replay button.

I am really amused that Yoona pulled off the bobcat hairstyle.Sooyoung's hair too was super short.Sunny's and Hyoyeon's bangs were sleek.

Super love Seohyun in this vid.Her tee is soooo cute!


I love their outfits in the vid, in their tv appearances, be it in Korean or in Japanese.







6. Mr. Mr.

I can't help myself but stop whatever I'm doing, to dance the signature move whenever this song was played.The dance break, wowmazing! Yuri slayed as always.

Tiffany is the coolest and her solo is my favorite.I miss Jessica's adlibs.

Super love their shoes in the dance practice video.Their get up is so badass.




7. Gee

I love the colorful jeans they introduced in their mv. Their Japanese version too is so beautiful.The white tee and jeans combo is so gorgeous!




8.  Mr Taxi

I love the choreography of this song especially the dance break. Taeyeon's high note parts are my favorite. Yoona has longer singing lines too. This is one of my fave songs in iDate! Super like the black and yellow combo on their outfits plus the catsuit, wow! The last pose made by Taeyeon was so chic!



9. Hoot

I love the retro/spy concept in this song. The choreo is unique and catchy.The cameo appearances too of Super Junior especially Siwon is heart melting.


I love their cowboy inspired outfits too.


10. Run Devil Run

This song became my favorite when it was sung first by CNBLUE Yonghwa and Seohyun for their special mission in WGM.


Their choreo in the chorus part is my favorite in this song. 


11. Oh!

I love the beat and cheerleading concept of this song and the choreo is so cute. I dislike their hairstyle in the mv.


12.You  Think

This is their comeback song that I super love Seohyun's You're not line especially during the live shows. The fanchants are madly lovely :D 

Yoona's performance is the coolest and the sexiest.I played this video a million times just to catch the moves of  Sooyoung and Yoona. Sooyoung curls like she doesn't have bones while Yoona whenever she jumps, felt like she was flying. Yoona rocked that white super short.  

Super love black , chequered sleeve and denim. I dislike net but they always pull it off.


Tiffany's hairstyle is the best!


Love MR clips of this song



13. L.O.V. E & Girls

This song was on repeat for a long long  time in my playlist.Love their shoes a lot. 


Without Jessica :(


14. Lionheart

Though I dislike the concept, the dress and the hairstyles they had for this song, I find this song addictive.


They are so gorgeous during the live shows.





15. My OH my

Love the choices on corporate attire in the mv a lot.This song is addictive.


15. Beep Beep

This super catchy song was in my playlist for a long time. The mv literally explodes in pink and I love it a lot.


16. Kissing You

I always hear this song in variety shows that it became my favorite. I love the lyrics.


17. Galaxy Supernova

I appreciated this song in their Tokyo concert. Sadly, Jessica doesn't sing the in-the-galaxy line anymore but I felt proud of Tiffany who sings her lines now and she does it well.


18. Covers

Amazing cover!Love their sneakers a lot :D


Who says they can't sing?





19. Dance battles





I also love the sub unit of SNSD which is TaeTiSeo. Here are the songs that I like the most from the trio, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun. I wonder why Sica was not given a chance to be part of this sub-unit. 

1. Only U

This is the most played song in my SNSD playlist. I listen to this song like five times or more in a day, each day.

This song was composed by Seohyun and I love the lyrics a lot. 


I love how they hit the high note parts. I can't help myself but sing along whenever I play this on repeat especially the chorus part.


2. Twinkle

I love the glittery/sparkly concept they have for this song. 


Their outfits in live shows are super gorgeous.




3. Holler

This song is super catchy and their choreo is cute.It really shows the differences in their voices especially in the live shows.




4. Adrenaline

TTS always gives the best chills in every performance especially if it is live which is why my day is always spent on unearthing the live cams out there. Taeyeon is so precise in her moves in this song.


Love the solo album too of Seohyun. Here are the tracks I love in her "Don't Say No' album and the covers she made.

1. Don't Say No

Love her dance practice video


Radio guesting


Live stage


clip


Super love this piano cover


2. Magic

Love the radio guesting version


Dance practice video


3.  Shake it of Sistar

She has been singing this song for a long time that I was really glad she got an opportunity to finally sing it in her solo concert.I read that she was Soyou's friend and it is amazing that she sang all the parts of this song especially the rap part.


4. Ariana Grande's Problem with Amber 

She had a number of collaborations and duets with a number of artists and this is one of those fun performances.


5. Bang bang with Seulgi and Amber

It is fun to watch Seohyun try to hit Ariana's high parts.


Content-wise, SNSD may not have the best or well-written songs but no girl group can match their precision and synchronicity when it comes to dancing. I love the team work they've shown and how they present themselves on variety shows.

Sica's departure from the group will always be a sad memory. If time came that these girls would have to go separate ways, my SONE heart will always relive these memories of incomparable zest in singing and dancing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Pinoy TV Shows