Koreanovelas (Part 5)

This special list contains dramas that I watch whenever I find time. Some of them were completed, some were not but I do rewatch the scenes that I always find entertaining. I was busy catching up with Western shows that is why the following list took a backseat despite the hype.

Here are the shows that I barely manage to complete because I was busy reading spoilers and forum threads of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead :D

1. Descendants of the Sun

I took a break on watching dramas when this drama made a lot of people crazy :D I tried to catch it on GMA but the timeslot was not friendly for a workaholic like me :D

I was so surprised that Kim Ji Won matured fast and she was able to match Song Hye Kyo. I was not a fan of Song Joong Ki before but he was so impressive that I followed him with Kyo. I was not surprised that he will be tying the knot with Kyo ever since I saw the script reading footage, hee.The finale of DOTS reminded me of Pirates of the Carribean.

The funny thing about watching this drama was I started with the highlights of the drama. I watched the episodes of Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo first then the scenes of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. After watching the kilig and sob scenes that's when I decided to watch it from episode 1 'til the end. It's like, the story didn't matter to me as long as I see the two couples bicker and love :D


2. Empress Ki

Good thing that this drama was followed in detail by my siblings. Had they not flashed this one time during my off, I wouldn't have finished this on my own. I enjoyed crying the last ten episodes with my sisters. I noticed that my sibs like sageuk drama that tackles political machinations with mistaken identity.

3. Go Ho's Starry Night

I saw the teaser for this drama in Dramafever and was enticed to watch it. I super love the earrings and outfits of SNSD Yuri. I discovered Kim Young Kwang and Lee Ji hoon, they are so gorgeous in this drama. The pacing is slow that is why from episode 12, I watched the finale right away. Though I was satisfied with the finale, there are things that made me curious that is why I found myself watching still eps 13-19, hehehe. This is one romcom story worthy of watching. You just really have to be patient and be in the mood to enjoy it.

4. Remember:War of the Son

I saw a teaser of this drama and became curious of hyperthymesia. I was disappointed that hyperthymesia was used to attract the viewers only but it was not explored in the drama. It was displayed only in one episode.I was surprised that after watching the first two episodes, my sister accidentally played episode 10 and we're dumbfounded that the story did not evolve.Therefore, we just continued the drama 'til the finale.

I was not surprised with the twists but I have to commend Nam Koong Min's acting in this drama. He took that villain role differently. He is so creepy.

5. Sungkyungkwan Scandal

This is the Park Min Young drama that I can't finish.Whenever I saw a new drama led by Park Yoo Chun, Yoo Ah In and Song Joong Ki, I always go back to this drama but end up watching a different drama :D

6. Queen Seon Deok

This sageuk was a favorite of my brother.He was so amused with Mishil's acting in this drama that I enjoyed more the way he did recaps of entertaining parts.   Had I not traced Nam Ji hyun's acting in this drama, I wouldn't have completed this drama. Until now, I don't find Shin Se Kyung appealing.

This is one of my favorite scenes.



7. Dong Yi

I heard this drama from my brother who was so fascinated with how a dressmaker this time was placed in the limelight. I enjoyed the way he told what he has watched and looked for that episode.

8. Master's Sun

I watched this drama on and off because of the creepy ghosts. I love the love line of Seo In Guk and Kim Yoo Ri in this drama. I don't know but I cringe every time there's a scene that So Ji Sub either sing or claps his hands whenever the three little bear song was sung. So Ji Sub is so funny in this drama, far from his action drama flicks and series before.



Gong Hyo-jin who played Tae Gong Shil looked like my aunt that is why we enjoyed this drama a lot.

10. You're Beautiful

I was amused that my brother who was not into kdrama enthusiastically recommended this one. He downloaded the whole series just for us to watch it but sadly that time I got truckloads of work that I even missed its regular showing on tv ph time.

I binge watch on this drama just to catch up and got hooked with the impersonation plot. Jang Geun Suk and Hong Ki are so funny. Jonghwa as Kang Shin Woo was so adorable.

11. Doctors

This is one of the dramas that my brother downloaded for our Saturday marathon. Unfortunately, we were able to watch six episodes only and had to stop for our chores :D He has already watched the finale. I haven't finished watching this drama as of this writing.

I find the pairing of Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won a mismatch that perhaps is the reason why I forgot that I haven't completed this one until I made this list.

Oh dramaland is so fast!

The dramas I need to catch up on are My Sassy Girl, The Bride of Habaek, Ruler: Master of the Mask, Lookout, Signal, The Innocent Defendant, Criminal Minds and more.

The list is growing that I decided to stop and blog for the meantime to unload every thing I have absorbed.:(
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Koreanovelas (Part 1)