CNBLUE

The mvs are lovely but their live shows are beyond WONDERFUL that even words outstanding and excellent felt short to describe this band. They are way too talented!

To compare them with Maroon 5 or label Yonghwa as Korean Bruno Mars won't give them both justice.

Each musician in this band is so unique that I can't help but clap my hands and smile to myself and feel my heart throbbing while saying I am so blessed to have watched them!Their gifts are heaven sent.Thank God we're on the same period :D

They were never boring, never lazy and never predictable.They always give an all out performance that you would know that they were not lip synching. They never cheat on their fans! Short changing a performance isn't in their dictionary.

Each performance is an extraordinary experience that watching it on screen felt like I missed the biggest and happiest party on Earth. I am always envious of fans waving those banners and light sticks.

Although I miss a lot the way they coolly jam on rock songs, I support their continuous experimentation on music. They never fail to churn out songs that can make you appreciate lots of transitions in one song.  They always go out of their comfort zones to compose new songs. It is amazing how they can create a song with disco vibe that shifts into mellow music thus let you feel different kinds of emotions.

Most of their lyrics were all about longing for someone but you'll never feel sad, tired and hopeless after listening to it. They have this magic of making you wait for something that is truly worth fighting and waiting for so it is not surprising that fans all over the world anticipate their come back each year.

CNBLUE is a band worth watching live and the band that had me glued on Youtube watching all day their live performances and appearances on variety shows. Their charisma on stage especially Yonghwa and Minhyuk are incomparable.

Watching their concert was a bliss. A dream I never wanted to end.I dislike their repetitive lyrics of why, oh, yeah,  and more but I can't get enough of how well they play their instruments. I watch solo fancams just to listen to each instrument in every concert that I could find a copy online so imagine the number of days I've spent fangirling. I lost count already of their world tours and tv appearances.

My bias is Jonghyun but I love drums a lot :D

Whenever this foursome would release a new song, I always wait for their guesting on Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook so that I'll get to listen to their skill more than the mad fanchants :D I hear on music shows.

Here is the list of their songs I play on repeat.

1. I'm Sorry

Love the blackness in this mv.


Super love the drums intro of this song.




Love the way Minhyuk rolled in this song.


This performance was extraordinarily cute.


2. I'm a Loner
    Can't Stop
    Cinderella


I love the different arrangement of Can't Stop in this vid. Jonghyun is super fresh and Jungshin nailed his singing parts.


I love also this Cinderella version.



3. You're So Fine



4. Between  US

I love this version a lot because all of them are singing which is totally different from the mv and their live shows.


This song made me a lot curious on why Minhyuk was so energetic in the mv that I have to find his solo to be satisfied.

Here is the mv.


Here are the solo fancams.


Also curious on Jonghyun's liveliness.


I can't ignore the bass.


Love Yonghwa's top here.


5. Lady

I had difficulty finding solo fancams for this song. Here is the mv.


I disliked Yonghwa's hair in this concert but his energy was on fire. Jonghyun was so handsome in this concert. This is the best live that I found for Lady which is at 1:22:21.


6. LOVE Girl

This is my favorite music video of CN BLue. The instrumental part is amazing and the rap part is so catchy.


Their get up and hairstyles in live shows are cute. Oh Heartstring days!




7. Lovelight

Love this song because of Yongseo.The rap part is genius.


8.  You've Fallen for me

Though this song was used as an OST for Heartstrings, CNBLUE never fails to play this song in each concert. The sound of the guitar melts my heart.


9. Hey You

I can still recall how unusual it was for MYX to play this video amidst English and OPM songs. This vid caught my attention because the janitor was not Asian and the leads are not dancing but playing instruments, belting out then shifts to a lovely Saranghannika then belts out the song again. That crazy shift got me hooked!



10. Love

This song repeats a lot of words but I found it tolerable because of the catchy tune. Love this vid a lot because of the show-the-ring mission for WGM. Love the worried look of Yonghwa when he noticed that the ring was missing at 2:36, looked for it until 2:43 but displayed still the showmanship needed.His expression was priceless especially when the song ended, he was so lost!This is one of the reasons why I shipped Yongseo so hard :)


Jonghyun's part is so smooth.The way he blends with Yonghwa is awesome.



Their hair was so sleek in this vid.


11. Friday

I found this song in iDate. The interlude part reminds me of the high score I get whenever I choose this song in the online game. Jonghyun's voice is sweet as he hits the high notes. The rap part is amazing.


13. Calling you

Super love this song, the hook and chorus part remind me of  Mamamoo's You're the best. Jonghyun's voice is so smooth.


14.Have a Good Night

Kang Minhyuk is si handsome.



Covers

a. Geek in the Pink

I enjoyed their cover more than the original. Yonghwa's bumblebee top is so cute.


b. Drive

There may be lisps but this cover is still one of their best.


c. So Sick

Jonghyun, singing my most fave love song, what a treat!Yonghwa's blending, I'm mindblown :)


Bonus

Each of them produced a track that was used in fan meetings/events. Notably, Yonghwa and Jonghyun have promoted their solo albums. Here is the list of songs I enjoyed when they went solo.

1. Fool

This song was composed by Yonghwa for Juniel. His duet with her was one of the exciting collabs I heard. Yonghwa's gorgeous look in the mv is an eye candy.Super like the lyrics a lot.


2. That Girl

Yonghwa knows how to create a song that will play on your head like a broken record. He showed his dancing skill for this song and he looked great. I realized that Yonghwa was so skillful in sending mixed signals. I was confused if the girl and the incidences in the mv were hints about Seohyun or Park Shin Hye. I was so torn that I traced the IG accounts of shippers to find the pieces of evidence  they brought out on their analyses of the coincidences in the mv. My Yongseo heart for the nth time waivered :( I decided to just wait for the big reveal :(


3. Summer dream

My Yongseo heart was broken when I saw a shipper's post saying that every scene in the mv was similar with the scenes in Heartstrings hence implying that Yongshin is the real deal. I am so sad. Anyway, whoever that girl is, may Yong hwa be happy :)

The style of this song reminds me of Taylor Swift's 1989 Album.

The intro reminds me of  Welcome to New York, the hook reminds me of Wildest dreams, the nanana parts have that Out of the Woods echo type, the chorus has that Style feel and Blank Space kind of storytelling. I find this a bit more cheerful than TayTay's How you get the Girl :D


4. Lost in Time

This song is totally different from the songs Yonghwa produced before. It reminds me of his style in Can't Stop but the way he belted out the agony of loving someone from afar in this song is OST worthy. The feeling was as intense as The Heirs OST Love is the moment chorus.This song deviated from his style that carries a lot of transitions in a song.


Can't wait to watch'em live again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Pinoy TV Shows