Big Bang

They are so fun to watch!

No lip synching. Improvisations galore!

Bigbang has that concert magic that would make you feel trapped in party mode while listening to their upbeat songs and they can rip your heart out on ballads.Their concert performances were not straight cut reproduction of their mvs but way lot better and to describe them as excellent performers seemed an understatement.

From their entrance to their exit, Bigbang oozes with incomparable appeal. This group made me conclude that MAMA concerts are the best.

Each performance is unique that you won't see them doing the dance moves exactly the way they choreographed it but they sing their songs better than what were recorded in the studio.Their live performances were a million times more exciting than their mvs. Their practice videos were as interesting as their tv appearances.

Content-wise, Bigbang's albums made a lot of sense.I won't argue why GD was famous and called genius. His lyrics can hit the highs and lows of life while your guard is down and the timing is always right. His song really touches all the pain points that no other song can exactly express from words to tune. He has songs too that can make you feel good about yourself and songs that make you reminisce good and bad times with loved ones. I love the healing effect that his songs have. It's like his songs know what your mourning or longing for or  what your grief is about. Their lyrics at times challenge reality and it is a always a relief to find songs that can fill the void you can't explain. Surprisingly, it may come as a ballad, a dance or a fight song. GD continues to experiment and doesn't offer what he has done before. He takes risks and owns it.

Bigbang's songs know my heart.

Each member has that moment that you don't want to miss in the song. T.O.P 's  rapping aint the same with G.Dragon's style but both exude addictive tone. The intensity of Taeyang's high notes are so beautiful but different from Daesung's deeper vocal quality in reaching those high notes hence both add color and drama to their songs. Seungri provides the unpredictable element wherein you'll just get surprised if his lines were cooler than his dance moves or the other way around.

Consistently, BIGBANG sings live with lots of wowmazing moments that you can overlook their dance moves,  whether energy-packed,on point or simple playfulness on stage. Their stage presence alone is a spectacle.Their rapport is overwhelming.

1.Loser

I first heard of this song when it was used as background music in Lee Joon Gi's IG post about his shooting in the drama, The Scholar Who Walks At Night.This was my message tone from November 2015 'til March 2017 :)

Here is the mv.


Love the lyrics a lot. Super love the live stages.Their dance moves got lots of SWAG.TOP's hairstyle in this era reminded me of Streetfighter Guile while Daesung was like, man can you see me? Oh I love his voice, he sounds like he's about to cry. Super like Taeyang's part 'til the end, his adlibs are so great. Seungri's voice also shined in this song.



Love GD's tamed look in this performance a lot. Taeyang is love.




The best SWAG moves are in this performance.GD's facial expressions are extra lovely.Oh Daesung, your bangs please :) I live for Taeyang's voice.


This win is extra special. They beat BTS' I Need U :D GD almost cried.I love Taeyang's get up.



Super love this Japanese version too


2. Fantastic Baby

This song is party perfect!

Super love the choreo of this song.The dance breaks are wonderful. Taehyung's and Daesung's parts were my favorite. I played that part a million times. My heart races in excitement especially when Daesung hits the notes higher than usual.

The build up of this song was intense.

G. Dragon's nanana was annoying but I'd miss it if it was not part of the song. GD's say what and ooohh part and TOP's boom shakalaka and yeah yeah parts pumped up the song. Seungri in this era, reminds me a lot of Victor Neri hahaha.

I can listen to this Japanese version all day, the band is so great but the copy is not complete hahaha :) Super love their all white outfit especially their shoes. Taeyang is gorgeous.


A bit disturbed by GD's sushi/noodles hairstyle as mentioned in Happy Together special. I love that they went to the audience, Lee Hyori is so lovely. They were able to convince Hyoyeon and Seohyun to dance too.


 I almost fell for TOP's all teal get up but every time I watch this i can't help but laugh at TOP's pink eyebrows, Seungri's heart-shaped bangs and vampire-like make up, I get distracted with Taeyang's armor-style top and GD's all-white ensemble remind me of space expedition. Daesung was so extra in hitting those high notes, love it a lot.


Love their shoes in this performance.The fanchants are so clear.


Accompanied by live band, wow Fantastic baby!I love their colorful jackets.


Love their coats here. TOP is so gorgeous.Daesung is love.


Wanna watch this all day :) Oh Daesung, why so talented? GD's dance moves here are on point especially the kick part, my favorite. Love that move too by Jimin's lalala part in Fire.


TOP's eyebrows here are teal already. His wink at the start, I died!Daesung, why  did you hit those fave notes longer? It makes me crazy.


This is the cleanest, simplest I think they could be in black and white.Taeyang looked so cool in this performance.Oh my Daesung, my heart skips a beat when you hit those notes.


One of the best MAMA concerts they led.TOP reminds me of Streetfighter Bison hahaha.


This is their mafia look in party mode! The band is so amaaaaaaaaaazing! Daesung, your bangs distract me :D


Japanese version. Oh my I can't choose!They all looked hot in this performance.


Here is the full concert :D


I was so obsessed with TOP's uncanny dance moves.His movements are different from his bandmates.I watched their practice video a million times which made me appreciate how virtuouso they were whenever they perform this song live. Watched TOP's movements especially his side step at 1:42 til he moved backward 1:49, RIP, replay button :D


With all those live performances, the mv looked tame.


Japanese mv


Their guesting on Sketchbook was a blast!


3. 2NE1's  I Love You Parody

The best parody ever.TOP's voice is love.This is the coolest version.They are so playful especially GD and Daesung.


4. Sunset glow

I love this song a lot from iDate :D This song never fails to cheer me up.They are so cute and playful  here especially GD. Their choreo is so cute too. I love listening to the Saranghae, I love you girl line. It is so cheeky but heart melting.Whenever they say their name BIGBANG in this song is so cool.

This is my favorite live stage for this song.


Can't get enough of their cuteness here.


This song sounds a lot of fun.


GD, why so cute here?


Never thought that they can be so sleek in this stage. GD is love.This performance is nearest to raw.I guess, this is their most serious performance- neat, smooth and classy.


5. Bang Bang

Got LSS to this song because of Weekly Idol show. It was always played for random dance challenge.
Had BTS did not release Fire song, this would have make a good fight entrance song I guess for Fight my Way.TOP in this era, used motorcross jackets a lot. Daesung's part and Taeyang's parts are my favorite. I love how GD breaks into the song.

This song is perfect when you try to act cool but loses it because you can't help but dance :D

Love the different parts of this song, it felt like you can play this on loop because the hooks are so catchy.

GD's contact lenses in this video are scary.Taeyang, where's your undershirt?


Oh the fanchants are lovely.


GD's voice is love.


My heart, can you still handle their awesomeness? Love'm in silver.This is how you party with the audience. TOP's voice is so cool in Fantastic Baby.


The song that I don't press the pause to listen to my fave parts. I play on repeat the whole song.


Bigbang is extraordinary in this concert, elegant but energy-packed. GD is love.


6. Haru haru

I checked out this song because of their mistake in Weekly Idol hahaha and fell in love with it.Killed replay button, both for Korean and Japanese versions.

Here is the Weekly Idol and Mv comparison where the boys forgot the dance moves except Seungri.
Fell in love with Seungri here, he really is the ace dancer after all. This song was released in 2009 and GD was correct that they often perform this in acoustic style hence, after 7 years, it will be difficult to remember the steps.


Here is my favorite full cut. I love this song than their debut song 'Lies' . Oh I miss those days that Seungri sings lots of lines and they all dance whole heartedly especially TOP.


Look at how fierce TOP was in getting the dance moves right.


Sorry Taeyang but GD's smile at your mistake at 1:24 was infectious. I can't help but giggle too.


Love the Japanese version a lot


7. Bae Bae

Super love this song because Taeyang's voice is so sweet.The guitar is so lovely.


Taeyang is love.He is simple here. I love his jacket a lot. Their stage and TOP's outfit remind me of Madhatter Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland. Super like the baby baby part, so sweet. My heart skipped a beat on that moment that GD pouted his lips for a kiss at 2:32. What a lucky dancer? I love how fans pointed out how sexy the hip thrust was in this song and laughed at the comment that Seungri looked like the male version of Frozen Elsa :D Seungri's part is lovely.


TOP's contact lenses are scary. GD, TOP and Daesung felt like characters from children's fairytales. Love Seungri's get up. Taeyang's ripped jeans, nice!


Super love Seungri here. He was sitting on EXO Sehun's lap, beside him was Chanyeol.


When you can't get enough of this song :D GD is love in this fancam.



Oh Taeyang, where's your shirt? The coolest get up pf GD I've seen. Love Seungri's Daesung's and TOP's jackets.


Oh what a lullaby!RIP, replay button.


Love the way it felt like TOP was telling a story then you get the sweet voices of Taeyang and Daesung then TOP ruins the mood with his yeah adlibs.This is the song I find Seungri out of place, funny but lovely. The ladies that dance with them are gorgeous, they reminded me of EXID when they swayed their hips. That feeling that you don't want to dance but you hear BANG BANG, sarreh, I got to join the groove :D BTS  and Hyoyeon were caught enjoying here :D They cooled down the party with We like to Party that reminds me of Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA.

This performance was a blast!



9. We like 2 Party

I love it when they go slow on party songs.That blend is so hard to find.This song is so cheerful, catchy but sounds soulful because of Taeyang.This brings all the happy memories of hanging out with friends, your adventures and laughable mistakes when you're young, having an outing or picnic with family, oh I can't stop lisitng down the good things this song reminds me of.

The fanchants, the feeling that it was sung by Bigbang.. it was amazing. The song felt like it is a One Direction track.Finally, their get up here made them someone you can go out with hahaha.


Super love the disc sound being scratched in the intro. I find Taeyang's shorts awkward because of the print.Seungri can't sing his parts clearly because of GD's and Taeyang's playfulness.


10. If You

I first heard of this song when it was sung by IU. Then came the cover of BTS Jungkook, he sang it in a karaoke and when he joined in King of Masked Singer.

Love the lyrics of this song.Seungri at his emotional best.



11. Crooked

Another song that I checked out because of the random play challenge in Weekly Idol. GD's solo.


12. I Need a Girl by Taeyang and GD

Sandara is in the mv.She revealed in Strong Heart that she wore pads to make her sexy in this mv :D Love this solo from Taeyang.


Bigbang's tv appearances seemed like were highly celebrated.They were given properly prepared intros and you can feel that the hosts were so careful not to offend them.

Weekly Idol's MCs, DefConn and Hyeong Don are tough in giving punishments but they were a bit kind during Bigbang's guesting. Still, that appearance was one of the best episodes ever.

Their special episode in Happy Together was one of the meatiest interviews I've watched. You can sense from Yoo Jae Suk and Myung Soo how happy they were to have Bigbang as guests.

 They do appear silent in variety shows especially GD who is not that animated as Seungri but whenever they interact, you'd end up laughing and enjoying what you are watching. That is the charm that Bigbang has, you fall in love with them without you knowing it :D

Waiting for DARAGON to reveal  that they're real :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Pinoy TV Shows