TV Shows (US and Australia)

Over the years, here are the shows that made me a couch potato/ tv addict which at times I regret because I spent too much time watching tv then I would go over the net for more information. What I included in this list are those shows that I waited for the episode on tv Ph time. There are lots of series that I am dying to complete but wasn't able to like Grey's Anatomy, Glee, Suits, Vampire Diaries and those recommended by my students before.

TV shows like Ally McBeal, Felicity and Sex and the City are special in way that even I did not crazily followed each episode , every time I catch it on tv, I gain something worthy to ponder, if not heartwrenching, it is empowering.


1.     Alias
      
      Alias will always have a special place in my heart.  

     Very empowering ang dating sa akin na I can be whoever I want to be. Sidney's angst, longing for normalcy, her heartaches over betrayal -especially nung namatay si Francine and may doppelganger pala siya, nung nadiscover niya na she is working for a fraud organization, the numerous times she was played by her mother, she was announced dead and forgotten, wow totally mind boggling series- and to top it all, incomparable bravery na parang ikaw 'yung nasa series. Very memorable sa akin 'yung binunot 'yung ngipin niya sa first episode.
     
     Andun 'yung curiosity and adrenalin rush na yes Sidney you can solve it.'Yung ilang beses na winish ko na sana buhay pa siya at si Vaughn, sana mamatay na sina Sloane, Lauren at Sark, magkabalikan sana si Jack at Irina, nanghinayang ako kay Will kasi loyal ako kay Vaughn.

     Super love the quotes.

     Ito 'yung drama na feel na feel mo what it's like to be a daughter, a sister, a friend and to search for one you can truly trust.Ibang level ng friendship 'yung napakita in this drama. Her travels made me feel like I've travelled the world also. Her stylish disguises made the show more exciting.
    

     Mabilis 'yung pacing, cliffhanger bawat episode and oh boy, bawal kumurap sa mga mission.

      Ito ang series na may pinakamagandang OBB and OBB music.Super love the font.












2.     Charmed

     Super amazed ako sa powers of the Charmed ones. Ito 'yung series na may growth ang characters and you'll love how they overcome their vulnerability.'Yung feel na feel mo 'yung disappointment na namatay si Prue pero you learned to love Paige na tipong wow pwede pala ang ganung replacement, the numerous times Phoebe was heartbroken lalo na 'yung love story nila ni Cole, 'yung iwi-wish mo na sana may healing and orb power ka rin o kaya you can control time, 'yung ma-aamaze ka na may lalaki pala na tulad ni Leo, mahirap pala 'pag empath ka,'yung magiguilty ka na you violated laws, 'yung shift ng present to periods na nostalgic ang experience tipong you are in the series whenever they go back in time or transported to a different world, 'yung curiosity na anong creature 'yung kalaban nila and to top it all, 'ung kailangan mong tanggapin na may character na namamatay at hindi mo sila pwedeng buhayin anuman ang gawin mo. You can't cheat death but you can choose to be happy while you live and its best if you spend it with your loved ones.

     Medyo gumulo 'yung season nung nagkaroon ng school but I still love how they tried to weave all the connections and amazing 'yung mga twist.

     Sa sobrang pagka-fan ko nito, 'yung mga screenplay at storyline ko sa scriptwriting class while I was in college ay may halong witchcraft.This show is the reason why skeptical din ako sa Majika drama ni Angel Locsin.Ilang beses din na napapaginipan ko ang mga eksena na napapanood ko. This drama made me read more about mythology and made Lord of the Rings more appealing.

     Super love the opening theme, super unique.









3.       Jack and Jill

      The first drama na I felt excited sa storyline na you fall in love with people you least expect. I love how Amanda Peet played Jill, paano siya nagmove on from an embarrassing failed wedding, sharing a flat with a stranger na premise din ng Jdrama na Long vacation, the difference is yung journey ni Jack and Jill to be together.

     Sa Long Vacation kasi the characters found love by healing each other and supporting each other's dream, sa Jack and Jill they found love while they discover who they are through work. Tipong they were caught by surprise and you as an audience confused ka rin for them thinking they came from a bitter past. It is the first tv show wherein I personally root for each character to have his or her own happy ending.





4.     Unreal

      This series is so evil na when you watch it  you'll feel sorry na you obliviously committed a sin like that to somebody in real life. This drama confronted all the evil in me, tipong I have to accept that I have bad qualities but these qualities can make or break people.It is up to me whether I'll help people with these qualities or not.

     I enjoyed this drama kasi parang hinahalukay ang utak at puso ko, sobrang taas ng curiousity spike on how far a human can do something so manipulative and selfish na you can't help but say 'yun ang character niya and if you wish that person to change, 'yung impact niya sa 'yo to do great things would be different. I realized that there are good people who can ruin your life and there are bad people who bring out the best in you. The question is, will you allow that person to be bad because you benefit from it?

     Sobrang nakakapanggigil 'yung labanan ni Constance(Quinn)  and Shiri (Rachel) na I find myself evil for cheering for them, for rooting or supporting their plans against each other.Sorry for the words 'nakakasuka, nakakadiri', I've never encountered a character so disgusting na I wished he'd die or disappear. Sobrang hate ko as in I'd like to smash Chet played by Craig Bierko.Mabilis ang pacing, each character has his own conflict which was resolved after a solid build up and you can't help but agree or feel hopeless na that character has to go through that kind of ending. This drama doesn't promise a happy ending nor an everlasting one.It challenges you to confront your own demons and be thankful that you don't have to endure the conflict that the characters have to suffer in this drama. You'd be thankful that the people around you were not nowhere evil compared with what you have seen in this drama.

      Memorable for me was how Rachel was humiliated by Jeremy, how heartbreaking Adam's betrayal was and how controlling Quinn's love is for Rachel.
       












5.     Invisible Man

         Never thought that a thief can be a hero in a show, how much more if he has the ability to be invisible? I love how this series introduced a flawed character that can be a hero. You can feel in this series his wish to be normal again at the same time his reluctance to leave unsolved cases.Vincent Ventresca as Darien Fawkes was the first hero I encountered that made me rethink how I should describe the heroes I write in my scriptwriting class. By the way, he played Jill's fiance who left her on their wedding day in Jack and Jill. He is like the prince charming described in pocket books, tall, handsome and strong. This show starts with  Darien's narration, oh boy, I love his voice!I love Darien to be paired with Claire, the medical doctor, but the show paired her up also with Hobbes, Darien's funny buddy.





6.     Martial Law

        This cop series is super engaging and Arsenio Hall's departure from Charmed as Prue's love interest and joining Sammo in this show was an unexpected treat. I fell in love with Kelly Hu's character here, for me, she's the Angelina Jolie on tv.I love that the female characters in this show can deliver the stunts needed. Super love this show.





7.     Miss Match

        I super love Alicia Silverstone in her film 'Clueless' that is why I am so excited to follow her in this show. The dates featured in this show are interesting and I really wished that she would have her own happy ending too, however the show was cancelled.Ryan O'Neal looks like Ryan Agoncillo who is my crush that time too.


8.     Saved by the Bell

        This is the teenage sitcom I seriously catch every weekday. I always tell my classmates that I have to be home before 5pm because of this show. I find this sitcom super funny. This show tackles teenage issues in a very clever way.


9.     Friends

      This is a series you can always watch whenever you find all other series boring. You can always have a good laugh and check out, oh that look must be the most fashionable that time. This is the sitcom I always find myself surprised that Rachel and Monica can make me laugh like crazy and I am already hooked to watch another episode. 






10.     Smallville

          Who doesn't love Superman? This is the first series I wanted the hero and the villain to be friends. I wished Clark and Lex to make up and be friends forever. I love  how this show explored that kind of relationship and you would wish that Lana is not involved in their bitter relationship. Also, Lana is so lovable that I find it hard for root for Lois. I love also how supportive Chloe is, the kind of best friend you wished you had in life.The OST of this show is one of the best ever.


11.     New Girl

          Jessie is one of a kind funny girl, very charming and amazingly solves your inner drama, a breath of sunshine you wish you can be one too. I love how cool she conducts herself in awkward situations and how honest she is in uncomfortable situations though it took a long time for her and Nick to be together. There were lots of love interests for her in this drama and I felt sad that though I love Dermot Mulroney and Justin Long, I don't want Jessie to be with them because I love her to be with Nick.

     I love the craziness of each character. Schmidt and Cece are so unique that they can beat Jessie and Nick in running the show.




 12.     Buffy the Vampire Slayer

           This series made me feel like you can be cool in school without telling others you are cool. This drama is a great escape to believing that aside from doing your best in studies, you get another kind of life. At first, it felt like a serious tv adaptation of Scooby Doo, a  series darker than Sabrina but lighter than Charmed. I love Buffy's love line with Spike and Angel. I also rooted for Xander and Willow.



13.      MacGyver

            I guess my love for espionage driven drama sprang from this series. Who wouldn't love a guy who can solve every mishap?


14.     Gilmore Girls

          This drama will make you wish you have that kind of mother-daughter closeness. I love how this drama presented that mothers and daughters can get along though there are times you could hurt each other. I love how this drama make me cry  especially if there are choices to be made. I am just happy that the heroines can make you feel that a mistake can still be corrected and you can always ask for forgiveness.



15.      Baywatch

           I love this series because I love swimming. I love the suspense this series has especially whenever they have a case to resolve. Just seeing the waves, the sand on the screen is enough.Lookin' back I realized that I was so young to watch this and find it funny that though this show was popular because of the hot and gorgeous cast I wasn't attracted to any one of them. I followed this show because of David Hasselhoff's son, Hobie :) 



16.      Boston Public
         
           I was on my second phase of teaching when I watched this drama. I was hooked on how dedicated teachers are and I felt thankful that I don't have to deal with the kind of students they have in this drama.



17.      Private Practice

           This medical drama is lighter than Grey's Anatomy. I watched this at a time I am in love with heroines who make their own choices and strive to prove that they have chosen the correct one.


18.      E.R.

           I would like to become a doctor but I don't have the confidence to be one. That perhaps is the reason I am fond of watching medical dramas. I always wanted the doctor to save lives. I love how medical dramas like this one show the different kinds of emotions that doctors deal with, how they always show up in control of everything even if they are struggling inside.
        

19. What about Brian

        This drama is very sentimental for me since it opened me up to an option I will never be confident before, it brought a lot of what ifs that I also figured out how am I going to respond. I love this drama because I've seen Brian's struggles at a certain point similar to mine.

I don't know why I love dramas wherein the hero is in love with his best friend but they didn't end up together in this drama.






20.      Sabrina the Teenage Witch

           Who doesn't love magic? Sabrina's aunts are so cool just like my real titas.


21.     Mission Top Secret

         I love stories wherein teenagers act like spies and have missions to accomplish. I love series that display high tech gadgets and advance computer skills.



22.     Jane by Design

          I was intrigued on how Jane would put together stylish clothes. This is one of those dramas where  I root for the heroine to choose her best friend.


23.     Jake 2.0
     
          I am sad that this show was cancelled though it has a promising premise. The cancellation of this show made me follow Christopher Gorham in Covert Affairs.I was so impressed with the first few episodes only to find out that the rest will not be aired.




24.     Mission Impossible

           This was the very first American series I've watched with my grandparents.I was really happy that there were films made inspired by this series.


25.     Covert Affairs

         I am super amazed on how a blind tech operative work on missions. I had difficulty accepting his character that I have to watch this show a number of times and realize that heroes aren't perfect all the time. I super love how Christopher Gorham played Auggie and Piper Perabo as Anne.


26.     Doogie Howser M.D.

          This drama is included in the Friday night line up, can't remember if before Baywatch or after that drama, I find this very entertaining though I can go into details since I have watched this when I was in grade one I think. 



27. Fastlane

Ito 'yung tipong Fast and the Furious/ Gone in 60 seconds on tv that time. Sinundan ko ito kasi I love Tiffani Thiessen from Saved by the Bell. Who would've thought Peter Facinelli will be in Twilight? :D



Nowadays, there are series that I enjoy through spoilers and reviews. I do not watch the entire season at all like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Pinoy TV Shows