Regine

In anticipation of Regine Velasquez-Alcasid's upcoming celebration of her 30 years in show business, I would like to list down the clips that were on repeat just to enjoy those high notes.

Whenever I get to hear singers who belt out songs, I always go back to Regine's live shows to compare. What I love the most about Regine is that she can turn any song remarkable. Her covers are often better than the original.

Her R2k album is my favorite.

Here is the list of my favorite songs sang by Regine.Oh I truly miss SOP's Concert Back to Back to Back.

1. Written in the Sand

I waited for this performance that is why this one is so memorable.I am so hyped because of the Y2k scare but this New Year countdown  was the best on Philippine Television.



2. Maghihintay Ako

Love this OST from Atlantika a lot.The way she sang this song  made me feel that I live in the ocean hahaha. My feeling sirena song.... Her highest notes here felt like she's whistling.It felt like this was the Filipino version of  Ariel's Part of your World song.I will not get tired singing along to this song even if I can't reach it perfectly.


3. 'Di Na Mag-iisa

Super happy that she's the one shouting Darna, instead of Angel Locsin hahaha. Happy too that she got to wear the Darna costume.The flow of the song reminds me of Superman's OST Can you Read my Mind.Best part was 3:46 but this clip is not complete hahaha.


4. Holiday

Can't find the live clip but this is one of the best unexpected covers by Regine :) that I got mindblown because it was so fabulous. The way she has built tension over repetitive lyrics, was fantastic!


5. Mac Arthur's Park

My aunt's band plays this song that is why when Regine sang this, I was ecstatic.She's the only singer that can literally make me freeze and clap after hitting those high notes. Though this song was on repeat, I will never understand why the composer of this song wrote lyrics about baking a cake :)



6. I don't wanna miss a thing

I love this song a lot by Aerosmith and it was made even more lovable by Regine. This song is so familiar that I'll always pick it in a videoke but as I sing it I can help but recall how Regine sang this hence I'll never hit 100/ perfect score hahaha. Despite countless failures, I always try because it is a good exercise for the lungs hahaha. Super love the bridge part :D


7. Sabihin mo lang

My all-time favorite because of the lyrics.


8. Dadalhin

This is my I don't care even if I suck song, I am going to sing this so cover your ears. My videoke set will not be complete without this song :D I enjoy making my family laugh and my neighbors disturbed as I sing my heart out in this song :D Oh that Umiiyak part is my favorite :D I'm gonna hit it no matter what :D


9. Pangako

The second song in my I suck videoke playlist :D


10. Araw-gabi

I love how this song endured time. This I guess is the slowest and hard to follow at first track that I've heard from her catalogue but the way she sang it, she made it relaxing and comforting.


11. Makita kang Muli

Best collab ever. Ebe Dancel is one of my favorite artists that is why this collab is so exciting. Regine made this version more memorable.Whoah, newbies should learn how to harmonize like this.

Fell in love with this song when it was used as OST in  Jericho Rosales' Panday.
This is my favorite song choice for choir performances.


12. If Ever You're in my Arms again

This song often sends me down memory lane, how good old days were.


13. Pangarap ko ang Ibigin ka

My third 'di paawat favorite videoke song...Regine is so beautiful in this clip.


15. I'll Never Love this way Again

Regine is so gorgeous.


16. In your Eyes

Super love this mv.Best make up and curls, superb back up vocals, lovely gowns and light design.


17. In Love with You

Regine had lots of collaborations with popular foreign artists but this duet with Jacky Cheung was the first I heard that is why I find this extra special.


18. Cry

This may not be the best duet but watching Regine sing with Mandy Moore is so exciting.I love Mandy more than her contemporaries Britney and Christina.


19. The Hardest Thing

98 Degrees was one of the best boy bands in the 90s hence this performance with Regine was one of my favorites.


20. For the Love of You

She doesn't sing this song live that much but when she released this song, this felt like the coolest track in her R2k album.Her music video reminds me a lot of Mariah Carey's Heartbreaker mv because of her wardrobe that's why this became my favorite. It's funny to recall that she danced in this mv though she often admit that she's not a good dancer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Koreanovelas (Part 1)