Pinoy Comedy Flicks

I love having a good laugh and the following movies may or may not be that too artistic or crafty in content but they will always elicit laughter no matter how many times I've watched them.

I cringe on slapstick sequences but there are some that I can tolerate.

Here is the list of the flicks that I almost died laughing.

1. The Lucky Ones

I will always love how Wenn Deramas turned his obsession over Vilma Santos into a funny story of idol shipping versus mother-daughter relationship with destined lovers as the side conflict.

Pokwang,Eugene Domingo and Sandara Park gave this movie that unusual but super adorable chemistry.

2.Tanging Ina series

This Wenn Deramas movie turned AiAi delas Alas into a well-respected actress from an ordinary comedian. Same goes to Eugene Domingo whose chemistry with AiAi as her super supportive bff was incomparably charming.I enjoyed watching Marvin Agustin, Nikki Valdez, Heart Evangelista, Shaina Magdayao, Alwyn Uytingco, Serena Dalrymple and Carlo Aquino bicker like true siblings. The conflicts are so relatable. I love those moments that you'll laugh so hard then there will be crying scenes.

3. Kimmy Dora

This was a sleeper hit from Piolo Pascual's film outfit, Spring films.The sequel, Kambal sa Kiyeme,  was funny but I love the first movie more.

This Eugene Domingo starrer directed by my fave director, Joyce Bernal, brought comedy films to a different level- fresh concept, witty remarks, well-thought sequences and characterizations, and charming  exchanges of truth slash play on your vulnerabilities.Thanks to well-written screenplay by Chris Martinez, not only were the moviegoers treated to a good laugh but also this movie brought out that comedy films can be artistic and relevant, too, in tackling family and business relationships. The cameos are so lovely.

4. Here Comes the Bride

This movie, written and directed by Chris Martinez, turned Angelica Panganiban into a full-fledged versatile bankable actress.This solidified her comedic ability that was underrated in Banana Sundae.It was also refreshing that she has shared the spotlight with Eugene Domingo, Tuesday Vargas, John Lapus and Jaime Fabregas. I love that Cherry Pie Picache and Tom Rodriguez were on this movie. All of them gave justice to their characters.

Martinez successfully delivered a funny but thought provoking concept film. The almost familiar but not really given much attention to tales about lunar eclipse and refreshing take on mistaken identities plus those jabs on LGBT issues were superbly interwoven in this exciting movie.

This is totally beyond hilarious.

5. Inday, Inday sa Balitaw

I find this movie unpredictable which made this movie more engaging. I love the different struggles that Maricel Soriano went through in this film as Inday. Maricel's comedic abilities gave the melodramatic plot an entertaining twist.Though old comedy films often involve cringe-worthy vaudeville, this movie made that kind of scene of Maricel and Susan Roces a relevant one. I can still recall the magic bilao (winnowing basket) wherein the effects weren't perfect but amusing that youngsters nowadays won't appreciate.

6. Pepe en Pilar

I love a lot of Maricel Soriano's films and this was one of her old comedy flicks that I was totally entertained. It didn't matter to me whether she has chemistry with Gabby Concepcion as her love interest. What I enjoyed was  how this movie reflected the kind of life that Filipinos had in San Francisco. Her journey from winning a noontime show contest to working as a maid in SF was eye-opening. The source of laughter was the comparisons made on Filipino and American practices.

7. Super Inday and the Golden Bibe

This Maricel Soriano original can't be replaced. Her Bewitched inspired pouting of lips, Aiza Seguerra as the Golden bibe, the antics of Nova Villa, Janno Gibbs and more, all these made the movie exciting and entertaining.No wonder this movie can appeal to kids and those young at heart.

8. Me and Ninja Liit

I think Roderick Paulate was one of the best entertainers in show business. He was strong in depicting gay roles.I love how this movie used ninja theme which was popular in the 80s. I also enjoyed how famous love teams during that time were included in films to add the right blend of laughter and "kilig".

9. Petrang Kabayo

Though I find Vice Ganda's remake funny, Roderick Paulate's version was more entertaining. The effects again, may not be perfect but whenever Zorayda appears as fairy godmother, this film becomes more amusing.

10. Family Tree

I was totally amused with this Mike Relon Makiling film in 1987. Imagine a magical tree, taken cared of by seven dwarves , gives off money only to kind people. This plot left an impression on me that I wished that there was such a tree. The effects may not be that spectacular but I do appreciate how this film played on people's desire to be rich and emphasized the virtue of kindness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Koreanovelas (Part 1)