Wedding Playlist

When I was young, I hated attending weddings.

I disliked long waiting time, noise, family drama and more.

That all changed in 2015.



That time, I took a career break. I spent my time attending trainings for ghostwriting. My mentor was a famous television scriptwriter and I learned a lot of things from him. He was so kind and generous. In short, because of him, I realized that there were certain skills that I needed to focus on and I learned that there were certain genres that I wasn't cut for. Honesty is everything.

Going back to the main point of liking weddings, I was invited by my aunt and cousin  to join them in their "gig". They had a photo booth business and most of their clients were soon to be wed couples. 

In other words, because of their gigs, I attended plenty of weddings in grand places. Thanks to them, I enjoyed visiting Tagaytay a couple of times. Perhaps, the memory of enjoying beautiful scenery and cool breeze  was the reason I had a change of heart.

Before, I hated receptions because I disliked crowded places. Since weddings played a lot of lounge music and love songs, most importantly I love the string quartet "feels", I fell in love with the songs they played during the party.

Last week, my brother played a mashup of songs by Jo Jung Seok and BTS's Jungkook. After several years of not hearing the song "Aloha", I naturally looked for other versions.

That song led me to check all the songs that I felt have wedding vibes in it. 

Here's the playlist. 


1. Aloha

It felt like a wedding vow. I love this live version sang by Suhyun and Henry.



I also like this drama version. I love how the girl sang the song off-key.



2. A Thousand Years

This was the best live version for me.


Of course, this song plays this Twilight scene on my mind.  I don't know but I think this was perfect.



3. Can't help fallin' in love

Nothing beats the original.


I often hear this song when I was a child but I fell in love with it when I heard this song used as the wedding theme in this movie.



Of course, the F4 version for Lilo & Stitch movie got me giggling the whole 4 minutes.


 This Strange Magic version is another favorite.




4. Couldn't Ask for more

I love the live versions. The lyrics are beautiful.



5. You and Me

I don't know but the lyrics of this song do not make any sense but I love listening to this.




6. Collide

I love this song because of the movie Serendipity.



7. You Give Me Something


I love the lyrics of this song. That feeling.




8. Thinking Out Loud

Aside from having the most romantic lyrics, perfect vocals from Ed Sheeran, this is how I imagine each heartwarming song should be given a dance rendition. Oh I love Ed Sheeran so much because of this!  This was excellent and gorgeous! Aldub ruined this for me at times hahaha.




9. I'm Yours

This song I think would make you feel loyal hahaha. I love the guitar and back up vocals for this.



I have a lot of love songs on mind but this would do for now because I got work hahaha. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iDate

Bandmaster

Pinoy TV Shows